CREATE a YouTube VIDEO
5 Tips to Create Successful YouTube Videos
1. Keep it Short There is no perfect length, but it is best to stay under three minutes when possible. Remember that people have short attention spans, especially online, and even your mom is clicking away once you pass the five minute mark.
2. Plan Ahead You don't need to read from a script, but you do need to know what you want to say before you start recording. Otherwise, you will find yourself rambling and spending a lot of time editing.
3. Lighting Record your video in a well-lit area. Natural light is best. If recording outside isn't an option for you, pick a room with lots of windows, and place your lamps strategically. Make sure the light is not behind you; you don't want to be a back-lit shadow.
4. Remove Clutter Take a quick picture of the area where you are going to record, and look at it critically. It only takes a few minutes to remove any clutter or unwanted objects. You don't want to finish your video, and then realize there was a pile of dirty laundry sitting in the corner of the frame.
5. Branding Your goal is always to let people know you have a website, and make it easy for them to find it. You can add a logo to all of your videos. At the beginning or end of your videos, insert text with your name and url. It is also a good idea to include a link to the blog post or website where the video will appear in the video description. Make videos about things you enjoy or are passionate about, and you will find an audience.