PUBLISH an ARTICLE
Why Write Journal Articles?
1. There is declining financial resources for professional travel at most institutions, so publications are a way to communicate, stay abreast, exchange ideas, etc.
2. There often is increasing pressure from administrators and others that you push yourself to publish your work.
3. Personal growth, enhanced self-discipline, personal lifelong learning, and career enhancement come from the publication process by knowing others will benefit from your work and that you can feel connected to the profession.
4. It is important to your discipline that you help create new ideas, advance theory, describe your emerging techniques, challenge widely held views, and influence others with your growing knowledge base.
5. You serve your profession, your field, and knowledge in general by adding to it.