Be a BETTER FRIEND to my friends
25 Ways to Be a True Friend
1. Always be there, even in silence.
2. Be kind and listen. Be fun and light. Be serious when needed, love extensively, and forgive always.
3. Don’t be scared to tell each other the truth no matter how difficult it may be.
4. Guide each other in times of need with your honest opinions.
5. A true friend is someone who always listens and is genuinely interested in the good and bad, and someone who calls or writes just to say hello.
6. Be loyal in confidence and character, always open and inviting to share concerns, always honest even if you disagree.
7. A true friend tries his best to cheer you up when you are upset and makes you feel special.
8. Try and improve their life though your friendship.
9. Be who you truly are—be that vulnerable–and provide the other person the space, safety and choice to do the same.
10. Be genuinely happy when they get, receive, or achieve something you truly desire.
11. Share the truth in your heart, without the fear of misunderstandings.
12. Be loyal and forgive but above all: love and respect.
13. Accept the person as they are, as an individual, without conditions. Also, as important as it is for you to be there for them, sometimes you have to be willing to let them be there for you.
14. Remain friends despite a person’s choices in life and don’t bail on them when they aren’t who you want them to be.
15. A true friend always supports the person but doesn’t feel compelled to support the situation. A true friend knows how and when to say the firm, “No.”
16. Help yourself and those closest to you grow. To live means to grow, and a true friend is someone that you can honestly say has helped define you as an individual.
17. Celebrate the wins and being there to support the losses. Keep your word and acknowledge it when you don’t.
18. Walk in to a friend’s aid when others are walking out.
19. Don’t hold grudges over petty disagreements.
20. Show up! You can pretend to care but you cannot pretend to show up.
21. A true friend is someone you feel as comfortable with as you do when you are by yourself.No illusions, no holding back.
22. Be there for the other person in the same way you would be there for yourself. Granted, if you can’t be there for yourself, that’s probably something you should address first.
23. Don’t let your own stuff get in the way. The ego is powerful.
24. Know someone’s least admirable characteristics and still love and support them.
25. Share how honest appreciation every chance you get.