Poland, a nation steep in history throughout the centuries finds itself in the heart of Central Europe. Poland is the 9th largest country in Europe which more than thirty eight million people call home.
1. Poland boasts 17 Nobel prize winners, including four Peace Prizes and five in Literature.
2. Polish astronomer, Johannes Hevelius (1611-1687) published the earliest exact maps of the moon.
3. Saint John's Kupala is a popular holiday in which people jump over fires, a tradition that predates Christianity.
4. In Wroclaw there is an annual city-wide medieval festival, including jousts, horse archery, medieval dances and other activities.
5. Przystanek Woodstock is the biggest open-air festival in Europe–an annual free rock music festival in Poland, inspired by and named for the Woodstock Festival.