- Contains the world's longest river (The Nile).
- Contains the world's largest desert (The Sahahra).
- Contains more countries than any other continent.
- Most of the world's gold and diamonds come from Africa.
- Is the only continent completely covered in ice.
- Is the only continent that is uninhabited by humans (although some scientists live there for short periods of time).
- Contains the world's biggest nation (China).
- Contains the highest point on Earth (Mount Everest).
- Through colonization, at one time ruled almost all of the rest of the world.
- Is joined to Asia by ice in winter (Bering Sea).
- Contains the world's tallest mountain (Mount Kea).
- Contains the world's largest fresh water lake (Lake Superior).
- Contains the fewest countries (Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea)
- Has more sheep than people.
- Contains the world's Southern most city (Puentas Arenas).
- Contains the world's largest river system (The Amazon)