Feng Shui, which translates from Chinese to mean wind-water, is an ancient art that teaches us how to arrange furniture, belongings, and other parts of our home to enjoy better health, prosperity, comfort, and a higher quality of life overall.
Here are some tips from the realm of Feng Shui to give your home a more harmonious and peaceful vibe:
1. Clear all clutter. Good energy does not generate in a messy home.
2. Get organized. Order creates calm. Find a place for everything and everything in its place.
3. Put up pictures of nature. Pictures of flowers, birds, or peaceful landscapes help set a peaceful tone for the room and create calm and quiet.
4. Paint rooms in a single color. To keep a peaceful atmosphere about the home, paint each room a single color or in a single color palette.
5. Keep TV out of the bedroom and living room. For the ultimate calming atmosphere, put the television in an area known as the family or recreation room.
6. Keep the lighting low. Dispense with overhead lights that are harsh and glaring and instead opt for lights that are more obtuse.
7. Don't combine living and working spaces.
8. Decorate with natural materials. Stay away from plastics and formicas and go for bamboo, marble, and cork surfaces.
9. Keep exercise equipment out of main rooms.
10. Remove mirrors from bedrooms.
11. Create peace with plants.
12. Create a view. Open windows and let light in. Seeing out and far away is restful to our spirits.
13. Use aromatherapy for relaxation. To keep a relaxing vibration in the home, you can use lavender, pine, eucalyptus, neroli, ylang-ylang, and others.
14. Soothe with waterfall sounds. The sound of running water is very soothing and creates an atmosphere of complete peace.